Innovating and transforming
Special Education Needs and Disability Services
Helping organisations deliver significant change
Provide professional development opportunities on a wide range of areas
Innovative and specialist
We are an organisation which prides itself on influencing highly effective change to deliver better futures for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilites.
- We are a group of highly experienced, highly regarded specialists in SEND arrangements.
- We are knowledgeable leaders in this field and are able to support you in facilitating the improvement and development of your local services in a context of change, challenge and financial constraint.
- We help to create positive climates for change.
- We support local areas in preparing for local area inspections.
- We forensically analyse and cleanse high needs budgets.
- We facilitate discussions between families, providers and commissioners.
- We build on your skills, knowledge and experience.
- We help to create positive relationships between you and key partners in your area.
- We help you to identify local priorities for improvement and plans to achieve positive change and better outcomes for children and young people with SEND.
- Read our case studies and positive client feedback
- Look at our list of associates.
- Contact us for an informal conversation on how we can support you to improve arrangements for children and young people with SEND.
SEND4Change were the catalyst for positive reform in Bury. Chris and Alison steered difficult discussions between partners in the right direction, guiding everyone towards a ‘working together’ model. This included partners from Education, Health, Social Care, Schools, Governors, Third Parties, Young People and Parent/Carers. Relationships between partners in Bury would not be in such a positive…
Bury Metropolitan Borough Council, working with its Clinical Commissioning Group, commissioned SEND4Change to complete a review of arrangements for children and young people with SEND. The timing, coming shortly after an Ofsted/CQC local area inspection, enabled the focus of the review to be informed by recommendations from that inspection. SEND4Change were instrumental in bringing about…
“Chris and Alison arrived in Birmingham to find multiple challenges in the SEN world. We are a very large, diverse city with a very young population. We have a complex landscape of schools and providers, and commission SEN provision across the city and beyond. The political leaders decided a root and branch review of the…
SEND4Change facilitated a comprehensive review of SEN arrangements in order that the local authority could develop a new SEN strategy. This involved an analysis of available data and information, facilitation of a series of work streams which engaged a variety of stakeholders and which achieved a consensus amongst participants, production of a comprehensive report describing…
I worked together with SEND4Change as a link for the Local Authority to develop a fair and transparent system and a local decision making model in partnership with schools to allocate funds from the High Needs Block for those Children and Young People on SEN Support – often referred to as ‘Top-Up’. The work included meetings…
High Needs Funding arrangements SEND4Change was asked to facilitate the development and introduction of a new system of devolved SEN funding in the city. SEND4Change helped to establish collaborations of schools in localities across the city which enabled schools to make local decisions about local need. The system has been successfully introduced.